2016 Institute Overview > Our Results > Selection Process > The Cost > Eligibility > Apply
Be Eligible, Be Competitive, Don’t Ever Stop
Please do not hesitate to contact xxxxx
What we consider when selecting applicants
- Is your venture addressing a massive social or environmental problem?
- Is your company based in Uganda, Kenya or Tanzania? This year, we will be taking in companies based in Uganda, Kenya or Tanzania.
- Do you have a relentless entrepreneurial spirit and are you hungry to ensure your venture reaches global scale?
- Are you a Founder or Co-Founder of your organization?
- Are you able to make key, high-level, direction-shifting decisions
- Are you currently working full-time on the development of your venture? A full-time commitment is defined as a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- If accepted, will you be able to attend the ENTIRE Unreasonable East Africa Institute in July/August(dates tbd) in Kampala, Uganda with no more than 4 days absence?
- Are there are at least two people working full-time on your team? and will continue to work full-time on your venture while you are at the Unreasonable East Africa Institute? In order to be accepted to the Institute, attending teammates must be working a minimum of 40 hours per week on the venture.
- Do you have evidence of customer traction? You have developed a prototype and have tested it on small groups of customers. You’ve
- Do you have the beginnings of a business model? We are looking for
- Does your venture have potential to scale? By scale, we mean, does your venture have the potential to reach over 1 million people over time?
- Are you a for-profit, non-profit or hybrid organisation that is generating revenue from sales?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
Your application will likely not be considered if:
- Your proposal is for a research project.
- Your proposal is for lobbying activities.
- Your proposal is for a charity based and/or foundation based organization. We do no e of revenue.
- Your venture cannot demonstrate customer traction.