Senior Associate: Investor Relations
Position: Full time
Start date: As soon as role is filled
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Your mission: This role will be focused on continuously growing and managing our network of investors and donors. Growing the network involves identifying, researching and recruiting investor and donor prospects and providing recommendations on prospect recruitment strategy. Managing the network involves, strengthening and managing the relationships of our network which includes back end administrative work to populate, organise and maintain the investor and donor CRM and other information systems. This also requires compiling regular reports and providing recommendations on the network engagement strategy.
This role works closely with the VP of Finance and Administration.
- Prospecting + Recruitment: Lead on proactive investor and donor prospect research to determine their investment criteria and philanthropic interests and prepare profiles that include recommended engagement plans.
- Relationship Management: Manage and strengthen relationships with the network, Populate, organize, and maintain the investor and donor CRM and other information systems and compile regular reports.
- Network Administration: Prepare materials and dossiers for investor and donor calls and meetings for entrepreneurs and the CEO.
- Connections: Work with the Senior Associate-Investment Support to facilitate investor and donor introductions and recommendations to entrepreneurs.
- Knowledge Database: Have an in depth understanding of our investor and donor interests making sure it’s well documented and ensure that they have access to our pipeline of companies.
- Engagement: Design & execute investor networking events and newsletters.
- Doing whatever it takes to give an UNREASONABLE advantage to companies. We are a small entrepreneurial team that steps up when there is work to be done. At times, you’ll be expected to work outside of just your role to contribute to our team’s overall efforts.
We Want Someone Who (Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field preferred
- 3 – 5 years years of relevant work experience, a fundraising position or similar role (sales, business development, etc.)
- You have worked for a startup or in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow. You are willing to work beyond the job description, wear many hats, and roll with constant change.
Skills + Capabilities
- Great networking skills and have some experience working with investors and donors. You are in your connecting with new people and building strong and lasting relationships.
- Experience of effective relationship management practices, a bonus if you’ve done this for fundraising success.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources, and present the resulting information in a clear and concise way.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the methods of information acquisition, including use of online sources and print directories.
- Show initiative in identifying new sources of information, as they become necessary and/or available.
- You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. You are an excellent self-starter. While we have some structure, you will also be called upon to build structure. You can show us how you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and brought structure.
- You believe that we > I (a hat tip to Skillshare for sharing this great value with us). We believe in finding ways to expand the pie so that everyone can get a larger slice rather than trying to claim as much value as possible from a fixed pie. Thus, we believe in pathological collaboration and that this journey is about all of us.
- You know that the “magic is in the details”. You pay attention to the small things that make a difference. You believe that no task is too small.
- Most importantly, you strongly believe in our vision and mission – the power of entrepreneurship to solve some of the greatest challenges that we face, and will jump for an opportunity to play a small part in a grand journey.
Our UEA Values
We are a values-driven company, and we love to work with people that share these values:
- Treat everyone like the Messiah
- Be militantly transparent
- Lean into fear
- Experiment boldly
- Do what works
- Get shit done
- Remember to dance
How to APPLY
- By Sunday 26th November, 2017, send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT as “3109”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3109 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
- You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.