Senior Associate: Investor Support
Position: Full time
Start date: As soon as role is filled
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Your mission: The core focus of this role is to equip entrepreneurs with the right resources, tools and knowledge so they can build and execute their financing and financial management plans. As the Senior Associate-Investment Support you will also be expected to support the due diligence of prospective UEA portfolio companies through doing a financial review on each of these companies.
This role will also be be required from time to time, to support UEA’s internal finance and Investment needs.
- Coaching and Advisory: Support companies to develop their investment potential and generally serve as an investment readiness advisor.
- Due Diligence: Conducting financial analysis and due diligence on prospective client companies and communicating insights to the selection committee through memos and presentations.
- Investment Readiness: Support the Venture Support team to develop and execute the curriculum with focus on investment readiness. This may include developing and delivering training content.
- Implementation Support: Support companies to develop and implement their financing plan. This will include working with entrepreneurs through the capital raising process from structuring to term sheet negotiation and closure.
- Financial Analysis: .Support companies to build and analyze their financial models and capitalization tables to support capital budgeting and financial management decisions of portfolio companies.
- Doing whatever it takes to give an UNREASONABLE advantage to companies. We are a small entrepreneurial team that steps up when there is work to be done. At times, you’ll be expected to work outside of just your role to contribute to our team’s overall efforts.
We Want Someone Who (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in business, finance, accounting or economics preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the areas of investment advisory for start ups, corporate finance and venture capital.
- You have worked for a startup or in a startup environment, and/or have worked in supporting startups to grow. You are willing to work beyond the job description, wear many hats, and roll with constant change.
Skills + Capabilities
- You know what it takes for a startup to raise and manage capital efficiently.
- You are able to coach and support other to finding their own solutions to challenges.
- You have experience building financial models, cap tables and conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- Highly proficient with excel, and have a good working knowledge of word and power point.
- Show initiative in identifying new sources of information, as they become necessary and/or available.
- You are willing to tackle projects without much guidance/structure. You are an excellent self-starter. While we have some structure, you will also be called upon to build structure. You can show us how you have stepped into ambiguous and disorganized situations and brought structure.
- You believe that we > I (a hat tip to Skillshare for sharing this great value with us). We believe in finding ways to expand the pie so that everyone can get a larger slice rather than trying to claim as much value as possible from a fixed pie. Thus, we believe in pathological collaboration and that this journey is about all of us.
- You know that the “magic is in the details”. You pay attention to the small things that make a difference. You believe that no task is too small.
- Most importantly, you strongly believe in our vision and mission – the power of entrepreneurship to solve some of the greatest challenges that we face, and will jump for an opportunity to play a small part in a grand journey.
Our UEA Values
We are a values-driven company, and we love to work with people that share these values:
- Treat everyone like the Messiah
- Be militantly transparent
- Lean into fear
- Experiment boldly
- Do what works
- Get shit done
- Remember to dance
How to APPLY
- By Sunday 26th November, 2017, send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com with the SUBJECT as “3110”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3110 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
- You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
- If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.