We are Unreasonable East Africa, part of the global movement of the Unreasonable Institute. We accelerate the growth of high-potential, impact focused, early stage get early stage companies in East Africa.
Full time openings
- Investment Support Senior Associate | Kampala, Uganda | Deadline: When we fill the role
- Core Role: To support entrepreneurs to build and execute their financing and financial management plans. As a Senior Associate-Investment Support, you will also be expected to support the due diligence of prospective UEA portfolio companies through doing a financial review on each of these companies. Click here to learn more >>
- Alumni Support Senior Associate | Kampala, Uganda | Deadline: When we fill the role
- Core Role: To build and manage our alumni support program. We are building our Alumni Support program to continue to effectively provide long term support to our entrepreneurs as they grow. Click here to learn more >>
- Investor Relations Intern | Kampala, Uganda | Deadline: When we fill the role
- Core Role: To support the CEO and the Director of Investment to grow and manage our investor and donor networks globally. Click here to learn more >>
The Unreasonable Culture is key because without that, Mentors, Capital Partners, Investors and Fellows wouldn’t keep coming back and trusting us to put them together with the right people. And we wouldn’t all love working here so much! We are obsessed with supporting each other in our individual missions and supporting the mission of Unreasonable as a whole.
Treat others like the Messiah (Humility)
Be militantly transparent (Truthfulness)
Lean into fear (Courage)
Be agile (Experiment)
Do what works (Impact)
Get shit done (Execute)
Remember to Dance (Celebrate)
Why work here
“Unreasonable East Africa offers flexible career paths. If you take initiative and seize opportunities, you will thrive” – Eve Wanjiru, VP of Mentorship and Partnerships. Below are reasons why you should consider joining our team.
Join the UEA network of 29 companies, 100+ mentors and colleagues who are all driven by one thing only – maximising and leveraging opportunities to build solutions to some of East Africa’s biggest social, economic and environmental challenges. Some of these relationships will last a lifetime.
Learn from some of the movers and shakers in the impact industry like Nat Robinson, the CEO at Juhudi Kilimo that provides asset financing to small holder farmers, Nick Moon, co-founder of Kickstart that has lifted over 750,000 people out of poverty, all our mentors, fellows and investor network.
Challenge yourself, learn and build up your experience and expertise. We are excited to support the growth of really ambitious individuals. We will support you while giving you the freedom to manage your own projects.
Be part of giving bold, innovative and some of the craziest but most promising ideas wings. Be part of making the seemingly impossible, a reality. Check out our past fellows here