Unreasonable Venture Support Maverick
Apply by 30th January, 2015
Your mission: To support the Venture Support Team in the role of making sure we are delivering maximum value possible to our entrepreneurs. You will be in charge of pulling off the background logistics and coordination that the Venture Support Team needs to do this job really well.
Dates: March 17, 2015 – August 31st, 2015
Compensation: Living Stipend covered
- During the Pre-Institute period, you be responsible for:
- Scheduling and coordinating communication with our entrepreneurs to diagnose their priority challenges, match them with resources, and prepare them for the Institute
- Aiding the Venture Support Team with Institute curriculum building, including planning workshops
- Booking travel for our mentors and investors attending the Institute
- During the Institute, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing effective communication systems for all Institute participants to remain informed and coordinated, including compiling and sending out a daily agenda/memo
- Workshop logistics – making sure mentors have the technology and resources they need for running effective workshops. (This means you get to sit in on EVERY workshop from a fundraising workshop to a strategy workshop)
- Scheduling mentor meetings and sessions – help schedule one-on-one meetings between mentors and entrepreneurs. If mentors want to host conversations/sessions, work to include these in the Institute schedule.
- Supporting mentor and investor relationship management – Work with the VP of Mentorship and the VP of Finance and Administration to make sure our mentors and investors have an amazing experience at the Institute. This includes onboarding, introductions, and integration into the Unreasonable community.
- Doing whatever it takes to ensure that we send the next generation of entrepreneurs into the world prepared to tackle its greatest challenges
We Want Someone Who (Qualifications)
- Has logistics experience. We need you to be super organized and obsessed with behind-the-scenes detail to make sure everything looks effortless but well organized! Has an uncompromised record of punctuality, hospitality, and organizational capability.
- Loves meeting new people and can quickly build great relationships. You are an extrovert. You draw energy and excitement from meeting and getting to know new people. You are a great conversationalist but most importantly, be great at listening and responding to needs quickly and efficiently.
- Knows that the “magic is in the details”. You pay attention to the small things that make a difference when it comes to making people feel at home. You believe that no task is too small. If a mentor mentions his favorite food is plantains, make sure this is recorded in the CRM and that they get some in their room. If you see dirty dishes sitting around the living space, you’re the kind of person who jumps in and clears them up without question
- Is comfortable in a start-up environment. You are willing to work beyond the job description, wear many hats, and roll with constant change.
- Thrives on teams, and believes that we > I. (a hat tip to Skillshare for sharing this great value with us). We believe in finding ways to expand the pie so that everyone can get a larger slice rather than trying to claim as much value as possible from a fixed pie. Thus, we believe in pathological collaboration and that this journey is about all of us. This includes being able to delegate tasks effectively to the rest of the team when necessary
- Is able to work with is on the ground between 17 March, 2015 and 31 August, 2015
- Most importantly, believes in the power of entrepreneurship in solving some of the greatest challenges that we face and will jump for an opportunity to play a small part in a grand journey as we seek to make our world a much better place.
How to APPLY
Step 1: Submit your application
By January 30th, 2015 send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Venture Support Maverick: [Your Name]”. Please attach the following documents to the email (DO NOT include them in the body of the email):
- A document with this information:
- Why are you interested in the Venture Support Maverick position? What makes you a great fit for that role? (max 300 words)
- Why Unreasonable East Africa? Why do you want to devote a period of your life to working for Unreasonable East Africa? (max 300 words)
- Take the list in the job description titled ‘We want someone who…..’ and next to each point, tell us what evidence you have that you fulfill this criteria.
- For example: We are looking for someone who knows the ‘magic is in the details’. You might tell us about a time when you called everyone attending an event to find out what their favorite snack is. When they arrived at your event, their favorite snack was sitting on their reserved seat waiting for them.
- Make it fun and interesting – if possible, use videos from events you’ve been involved in, websites, testimonials from attendees, photos etc
- A document explaining your solution to this Unreasonable Challenge: Every year, we have some problems scheduling mentors time and communicating their scheduling to them and to the entrepreneurs they’re meeting. In the past we have used information posted on notice boards and sign-up sheets for each mentor. But, it is still a challenge and often hectic coordinating these meetings as entrepreneurs occasionally don’t turn up to meetings because they’ve forgotten about them or been distracted by something else and sometimes mentors don’t know where they should be when. This doesn’t make anyone feel good! Describe the system you would create to streamline this process. The whole thing needs to be run by one person (you!) It needs to be easily accessible, visible and communicable to all relevant parties.
- Provide references. Send us background and contact information for two references who can speak to your performance and character with authority.
Step 2: If you move on to the next round, we will have you do the following:
- Have an interview with the Unreasonable Team
- Come visit us for a trial day
Step 3: Our Goal is to have you start on March 17, 2015